Friday, May 28, 2010

Skills

Today I rowed in a quad with three other alumni from my class. It was so great to scull again! It's been a while since I last sculled because all we row in the spring are eights. I still need to get out in a single again because I need to regain my balance out there by myself. Especially since I plan to race the single at the Canadian Henley. Speaking of which, my plane tickets to Canada are booked! I am going up there on July 28th, borrowing a boat from my friend who lives in St. Catherine's and am also rowing a double with her. Then I am back home again on August 9th. Upon my return home I am getting my wisdom teeth removed. What a party! But that will basically conclude the exciting parts of my summer. Then off to school again somewhere around the 20th of August I believe.

But technically the summer has just begun so I am trying to not get too excited and wish the summer away when I still have so many exciting things ahead of me. I have no idea what to expect at the pre-elite camp. Eight days until I leave though. I have no idea what it is going to be like. Well I mean I know we are going to be rowing at least twice a day and doing other kinds of workouts but I have never lived in Pennsylvania before. Despite the fact that my aunt lives there, I haven't been in a while. Last time I was there was for the Stotesbury Regatta last May. Needless to say, it will be quite an experience.  In the mean time though, I am continuing to work in an attempt to earn back all the money I have spent these past few semesters.

On another note that has nothing to do with rowing, I have pretty much mastered the art of driving a standard. I guess you could say. I can successfully make it from point A to point B without stalling the engine, grinding any gears, or causing my passengers to have whiplash. And it only took one day to learn it! I guess you could compare this to rowing because of my competitive nature and drive to succeed, I was able to learn it quickly. Or maybe it's just that my dad is a good teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment